Fees East Sussex

See How Affordable Family mediation is, and how you can resolve disputes quickly and avoid going to court.

Trusted Mediators Fees East Sussex December 2023


Initial Assessment
£ 99 Per Person
  • Individual Meeting
  • Assessment
  • Online Or In Person


Meeting Inside Office Hours
£ 150 Per Person
  • In Office Hours
  • 90 Minutes Meeting
  • Online Or In Person


Meeting Outside Ofice Hours
£ 200 Per Person
  • Evening Or Weekend Hours
  • 90 Minutes Meeting
  • Online Or In Person


£ 150 Per Person
  • Prices Per Person for 90 Minutes

Sign Off

£ 49 Per Form
  • Sign off c100/form A/Fm1

What Is A Miams?

The first encounter with a mediator is referred to as a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM). During this meeting, our mediator will meticulously examine all the information exchanged and craft a tailored strategy to effectively assist you in resolving your dispute. At our organization, we pride ourselves in offering engaging and exceptional services to ensure a successful mediation process.

Our mediators have extensive training and experience in resolving disputes, so they are equipped with the knowledge to help you reach an agreement that is fair to both parties involved. Once our mediator has developed their plan of action, they will contactitial meeting , it will cover similar things.

The initial meeting with a mediator gives you a chance to discover how mediation functions. Mediators are well trained to work out with you whether mediation is appropriate for you and your family.

On the off chance that you need to prosecute your case, it is in most cases a legal necessity to go to a MIAM. The other individual included is also expected to go to a MIAM. However, they don’t need to go to the same meeting with you.

There are exclusions that mean you won’t need to go to a MIAM at all or it might be that the mediator agrees at the MIAM that mediation isn’t right for you.

There are a scope of alternatives accessible for settling family disputes so, regardless of the possibility that mediation isn’t right for you, the court isn’t the only other choice.

They will examine what number of sessions you may require, the amount they would cost, and clarify whether you may get a legitimate guide to pay for mediation.

The mediators can also give you data about different services that give assistance and support and alternate alternatives you may have to solve problems.

The only people allowed to conduct mediation are Family Council Accredited Mediators.

franchise agreements
FAQs East Sussex

These meetings can be held independently from your ex. You can go to the meeting together if you prefer, you are the one to choose who attends.

Time will be spent with every individual alone to ensure they have settled on their own choice to come to mediation and are not in danger of any mischief or mishandling. 

The initial meeting and mediation sessions which come after may cost you nothing on the off chance that you get legal aide which the mediator will enable you to help you find out. A few mediators give the first meeting for nothing out of pocket for everybody, and others have a fixed charge. Request the cost of the meeting when you contact the mediator.

If everybody consents to try mediation, then an arrangement is made for your first mediation session. On the off chance that you choose not to proceed into mediation procedure or it’s not appropriate in your conditions then the mediator should sign the significant court form to demonstrate you have considered mediation. This implies you can prosecute your case if that is what you choose to do next.

Reasons Why People Mediate:

If you and your ex-partner are facing challenges in agreeing on a children’s contact order, seeking assistance from a skilled mediator can be highly beneficial. By engaging in mediation, both parties can collaboratively establish various child agreements without any biased influence. The primary objective of mediation is to facilitate agreements regarding the details of child care, such as living arrangements and scheduled parent-child interactions. During the mediation process, you and your ex-partner will have the opportunity to define how you will effectively care for your children, including determining where they will reside and how they will divide their time between each parent. This comprehensive approach ensures that the children’s best interests are at the forefront of decision-making, promoting a supportive and nurturing environment for them. It is important to note that mediation is distinct from relationship counseling. While mediation solely focuses on resolving child-related matters, it can provide assurance and comfort to both parties involved. By working together through mediation, you can create a unique and tailored arrangement that considers the specific needs and circumstances of your family. Choose mediation today to foster a cooperative approach, ensuring the well-being and happiness of your children as you navigate this challenging situation.

Mediation can help you decide who a child lives with or in a shared care situations where a child lives with both parents.

A mediator can help you and your ex to agree and the order can then be stamped by the court, and it becomes comes legally binding.

Trusted Mediators can help make specific issue orders that will give directions for determining a specific question that has risen or that may arise in connection to parental responsibility for a child.

The specific issue orders can be used to decide questions about your child’s upbringing like whether the child should go to a private or state school or the medical treatment of the child including immunisation.

The specific orders can be made on their own, or they combine with the child arrangements order.

It’s an order that may be made against anyone, regardless of whether they have parental responsibility. The orders can be made against individuals who are not a party to the proceedings.

The prohibited steps order may deal with certain specific issues like preventing a parent taking a child out of the country or even preventing the removal of their from the home where they live.

When considering whether to make an order, the child’s welfare must be the mediator’s top consideration, and it must have regards to the welfare checklist. So instead of going to the court , a mediator can help you make prohibited steps order that is good for the child.

You may need to seek a parental responsibility order if you are a father, but you are not married to your partner and the children are not living with you.

Mediators will help you and your partner enter into a parental responsibility order. This order will ensure that you have a right to be informed about your children’s education, health, welfare and you can make decisions regarding their welfare, health, and education.

Instead of going to the court to seek for parental responsibility order, a mediator can help you reach an agreement with your partner that is legally binding.

One of the issues that must be resolved when you separate or divorce with your partner is what will happen to any debts of the marriage.

Even if the debt is not in your name, you could find yourself affected in one way or another, for example, if the debt is registered against the property in which you live.

Keeping up with loan repayment is important. The mediator will help you decide on how you will settle the debts since failure to do so may lead to your credit card rating being adversely affected.
The specific issue orders can be used to decide questions about your child’s upbringing like whether the child should go to a private or state school or the medical treatment of the child including immunisation.

The specific orders can be made on their own, or they combine with the child arrangements order.

You and your soon to be ex-spouse should seek for the services of a mediator to help you solve issues that you need to be solved so that the two of you can end up on good terms.

The mediator will help decide what happens to the houses that you own. Whether rental or residential, the mediator will help you decide who remains in the house or who will be receiving the income from the house.

Pensions are an important way of partners saving to maintain a comfortable standard of living after their retirement. However, pensions cannot be in joint names so it’s an issue that must be solved during separation.

A mediator will help you sort the issue out during divorce. The mediator will help you decide what happens to the pensions whether it’s to be shared between the two of you, decide to offset the pensions or the pensions to can be paid to one person.

A mediator will help you and your ex to reach an agreement about your savings and investments without going to the court. Mediators will not take sides.

They will help you towards making a decision how you will share the savings and investments you made during the marriage. If you trust your partner and don’t want to undergo court process, mediation works best.

You and your partner may have different business assets you acquired during the marriage. When you are separating, you must decide what happens to the business assets.

Mediation will help you decide what happens to them, how to share them or who should remain with what assets. The process works best when you and your ex-spouse to be being honest and open to each other.

You and your partner have decided to end things. However, during your marriage, you had acquired numerous properties including overseas homes, what happens to these homes?

Instead of going to the court for a decision to be made, you can seek for mediation. The mediator will help you decide what happens to the homes, should they be sold or under whose name they should remain.

When you and your partner are separating, the worry is if your partner can claim your inheritance. If you have already received or you are due to receive an inheritance.

You don’t want it to enter the category of matrimonial assets to be divided in your divorce. A mediator will help you decide what happens to the inheritance assets so you won’t have to worry.